Sunday, September 6, 2009

Holy Chaos Batman...

So everytime Bubba gets in trouble and is sent to his room you can here the tantrum from a mile away.  Crash, bang, kick and scream, it sounds like the world is coming to an end.  He gets so angry that he has been sent to his room he feels the need to throw every toy and article of clothing on the floor.

When it is time to let Bubba out of his room you have to step carefully because other wise you might step on a toy car and go flying.  The biggest problem with sending him to his room is not the mess itself but trying to get him to pick the mess up before bed, it's like trying to pull teeth.  There is screaming and crying and him telling me to "just take all my toys" so he no longer has to pick them up.

Most days I just go with the flow and put all of his toys in a basket and then hand them to him one by one until they are all put away.  Somedays though I just want him to put them away the first time I ask him and for him to do it with a smile on his face and a skip in his walk....I know asking to much from a 3 year old.  What are some of the ways that you get your child to pick up their rooms??

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I tell nevaeh shes not coming out till there all picked up... I cant remember the last time i had to pick up toys because she didn't want to. I started singing the clean up clean up song and you know hwo they love sing!

    ReplyDelete