Friday, September 11, 2009

We Remember...

As I was watching the news this morning I had tears brought to my eyes, it is hard to believe that eight years ago this country was under attack.  For most of us we remember exactly where we were when we found out the news.  I was in the 11th grade walking to my business law class when my friend Jeremy told me that one of the Trade Centers had been hit, we all rushed to class where they had the television on and we saw the second plane hit the Trade Tower, I remember being in complete shock how could something like this happen.  How could people be so crul, hurt so many people that never did anything to them.  I thought is this what the world was coming to? 

I feel for those who lost their loved ones, from the people going to work, to the firefighter, police, and port authority, to the workers at the pentagon, and those on flight 93 I for one will never forget you.

I am also remembering all of the soldiers in all the branches of the military who have gone off to war to try and protect me and my family from the dangers of the world.  I also thank and remember the spouses of the soldiers, you give up alot in order for others to be safe.  I know how it feels to be alone but proud at the same time. 

I hope that my children never have to experience something so horrific, that one day we will be a world of peace and understanding, but I know that this is something that may never happen so I am prepared to try and show them the good and the decent.

To you all I say thank you and I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment