Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bye The Dad

So today the house is a little sad, The Dad has left for training at Fort Knox.  He is going to be gone for a week which is the shortest amount of time that he has had to leave.  That being said it doesn't make it any easier for the boys.  Bobbles is to little to realize that The Dad isn't here, but Bubba knows that The Dad is going to be gone for awhile and he is not happy about it.  The first thing this morning he woke up and said "daddy is gone for a whole week" and then proceeded to cry.  I feel so bad as there is nothing I can do to make him feel better, but I will try and keep him busy until The Dad comes home. 

On a happier note we are getting ready for Bubba's birthday next sunday, my grandparents and my uncle will be here to meet Bobbles so they will get to celebreate with us. I can't believe that it has been 3 years since Bubba was born it seems like time flew.

What are some of the ways that you keep your children busy while a parent is away?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ok i have one idea... My friend did this the other day and i had forgot about doing this, but anyways here's the website

    http://www.makeplaydough.com/edible_play_dough/

    Hope this helps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes watered up for your little boy not understanding why daddy isn't with him right now. One day he will learn that others care about what daddy does. Thanks Daddy

    By the way I have became a follower and look forward to reading more about Bubba and his family

    ReplyDelete