Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What was he thinking...

Have you ever had one of those moments where you look at your child and think who are you and what are you doing?

I had one of those moments today, we went to the grocery store to pick up milk and formula seeing as we ran out of all of the above. We checked out and then while I am putting groceries in the trunk of the car Bubba says "oh mommy my magazine" I turned around and said what magazine and there he is holding a magazine from the store and Bobbles is holding one of those chargeable cards. Now I know that I didn't buy those things, and the first thing that pops into my head is my kid just stole from the grocery store!

After I finished loading the groceries into the car I marched his little hiny back into the store and made him go to the service counter and give the lady there the stuff that he had stolen and apologize for stealing. I don't even know what to think about the whole situation. I know that all kids do these things (right?!?!?), but at the same time I know that I have told him that stealing is wrong.

What would you have done in this situation, did I do the right thing? I am just trying to make sure that my kids grow up and know that stealing is wrong, that we don't take things without paying for them, or asking for them. Ah, my son the klepto!

No comments:

Post a Comment