Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Crazy Couple Weeks...

So as many of you may have noticed I have been a little MIA here recently, so today I am going to try and catch you all up on what has been happening here.

I recently went back home to visit with my parents for the weekend and it was really nice to be able to catch up with them and to see the majority of my siblings.  I took Bubba to see Toy Story 3 and he was completely in love with the movie. When it was time to come home I grabbed my little sister Buggy and we made the 7 hour drive back to Fort Campbell, where she was going to be staying with me for the next 2 weeks! We had an action packed time. I took all three of the kids to the swim park, the zoo, to a birthday party, and bowling a few times. Let me just say they had a blast.

In other news I got a call from The Dad saying that he was in the hospital, he had taken some shrapnel to the back of the head, the wrist, and the thigh. He is doing much better and has been released back to his unit. I have to say that it was scary getting that call and I wish to never have to again.  The Dad said that he is going to have a gnarly scar and I will take the scar any day over the alternative and anyway chicks dig scars right! All I know is that I am glad he and the other guys are alright.

I think the hardest thing that has happened is that my Papaw passed away on July 1st, 2010.  I am still very shocked, I knew that it was going to be coming eventually he had been very ill for awhile now and was in a great deal of pain, but he just kept beating the odds and coming home.  I guess I thought that he would just continue to do so. I know that he is in a better place now and that he is no longer in pain, but I can't help but wanting him to be here with me. I know that is selfish but I can't help it.  He was the most wonderful man that I have ever met, he cared about all of us like no other. He wrote and published two christian books which was one of his greatest accomplishments.  I miss him so much and wish that I could talk to him, but I know that I will see him someday.

2 comments:

  1. I;m sorry to hear about your grandpa. He looked like such a sweet man.

    And I assume you are talking about your husband and the shrapnel? You are a better woman than I am. I couldn't handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my Papaw was a really sweet man, and yes I was talking about my husband. I think that we are never given more than we can handle but thank you.

    ReplyDelete