Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lost and I can't find myself...

To start I just want to say that I love my life, I have a great husband and two wonderful children but with that being said I need to make some changes.

I don't really know who I am anymore, I am a mother, a wife, a student, sister, daughter, volunteer, and friend but I don't know who Stephanie is. I know that may sound odd not knowing who you are but I am so many things for so many people I always put myself last on the list and now I am at a point where I am lost.

Change doesn't come easy to me, I don't like it.  I feel like if I can't find myself I am going to get even more lost and be of no use to anyone.  It's strange, I used to know exactly who I was but now I'm not sure.

Has anyone else been through this?

3 comments:

  1. I don't really know how you lose yourself but i can tell you that being only 12 i have yet to find myself either! All i know right now is getting to know myself is definitely one of the funnest rides I have ever been on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to do the same thing to myself when my hubby deploys. i try to turn into a one woman be there for everyone as much as possible machine. My friends took a while to understand the transition from bubbly, social, easy going Rosie to nose to the grindstone, multi-tasking, over zealous Rosie. The best thing I can suggest is to set aside some time for Stephanie once a week. Schedule it and hire a sitter for the boys and do something that lets you let your hair down for a bit. It could be going to the theater and watching a movie or heading to the mall for some retail therapy or even just renting a movie and watching it on the couch with a big bowl of ice cream. Hope that you find the niche you need and please know that you aren't alone in this feeling. I couldn't honestly tell you of a military wife ( and even a Civilian wife for that matter) who hasn't or doesn't feel the same way you do. Hugs! ~Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to set aside time for me, and hopefully that will help me at least get some time for myself, then I can work on finding me! Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete